Did you know that many visible signs of aging can be traced back to volume loss? As facial tissues thin out, lines become etched around the nose and mouth and cheeks look a little hollow. Dermal fillers can replace lost volume to help smooth wrinkles, plump the lips, and restore a more youthful appearance. Learn all about injectable filler treatments below.
What are Fillers Made With?
There are a variety of FDA approved filler products that cosmetic surgeons use. In general, fillers are categorized by the substance they are made from. A note for your safety: always make sure that you are receiving FDA approved, brand name fillers, which are only available through a licensed physician, such as a board certified cosmetic surgeon.
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance that is already found in your skin. It helps keep skin plump and hydrated. HA fillers are typically soft and gel-like. The results are temporary, lasting 6 to 12 months or longer before the body gradually and naturally absorbs the particles. Most HA fillers are infused with lidocaine to help minimize discomfort during and after treatment. FDA approved HA fillers include:
- Juvéderm products: Juvéderm XC, VOLUMA, VOLBELLA, VOLLURE
- Restylane products: Restylane, Restylane Silk, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Refyne, Restylane Defyne, Restylane Kysse, Restylane Contour
- Belotero Balance
- Revanesse Versa
- The RHA collection: RHA 2, RHA 3, and RHA 4
Ciner Pharma Supplies is a trusted online shop of aesthetic products and medical devices from the most popular brands on the market. We offer a wide range of different fillers and professional skincare products to clinics and hospitals worldwide. We strive to be your preferred online supplier of aesthetic products and to suit the needs of your business. In addition, we guarantee competitive prices, fast delivery and accessible & friendly customer service in our online chat
The cost of Botox depends on various factors, including:
- whether it is for medical or cosmetic purposes
- who provides the treatment
- where the treatment takes place
- the number of Botox units involved
For cosmetic use, The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery noted in 2016 that, on average:
- the cost of a Botox treatment for frown lines or crows’ feet was $376
- the procedure lasted 30 minutes
- the improvement appeared in 1–5 days
- repeat treatments were necessary every 4–6 months
- the person could return to work at once
Medicare covers the cost of Botox for medical purposes that doctors deem necessary. However, due to the potentially high cost, it is important to confirm that the treatment is covered before the appointment.
When considering Botox for any reason, it is crucial to make sure that the provider is a qualified professional with the appropriate training.
For people looking to have cosmetic Botox, the American Academy of Facial Esthetics have a locator function that can help.
Anyone who believes that Botox might help with a medical condition should speak with their doctor.
People generally tolerate Botox injections well, and side effects are uncommon.
However, depending on the reason for the injections and the person’s response, Botulinum toxin can cause some unwanted effects, including:
- dry eye, following cosmetic uses
- an upset stomach
- mild pain, swelling, or bruising around the injection site
- a headache
- temporary eyelid drooping
- temporary unwanted weakness or paralysis in nearby muscles
- urinary problems after treatment for urinary incontinence
- a worsening of neuromuscular disorders
- spatial disorientation or double vision after treatment for strabismus
- corneal ulceration after treatment for blepharitis
- cardiovascular events, such as arrhythmia and myocardial infarction
People should not use Botox if they have:
- a sensitivity or allergy to it
- an infection at the injection site
Depending on the type of treatment, there are concerns that the effects of Botox may extend beyond the injection site, possibly leading to symptoms such as difficulty breathing.
This is more likely to occur in some individuals than others, and genetic factors may play a role.
Also, some people receiving injections of Botulinum toxin type A develop antibodiesTrusted Source to the toxin that make subsequent treatments ineffective.
Botox has cosmetic and medical uses. It can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and help treat certain disorders related to the nervous and muscular systems.
If someone wants to try Botox, it is a good idea to speak to a healthcare provider about the risks, costs, and other considerations.
Ciner Pharma Supplies is a trusted online shop of aesthetic products and medical devices from the most popular brands on the market. We offer a wide range of different fillers and professional skincare products to clinics and hospitals worldwide. We setic products and. In addition, we guarantee competitive prices, fast delivery and accessible & friendly customer service in our online needs