Did you see a warning message on your screen stating “QuickBooks Error Code 12038: Failed to download the update”? If Yes, you might have come across QuickBooks error 12038 which occurs when you download the latest update of QuickBooks. This error belongs to error series 12000. Error 12038 usually occurs while downloading the update and it can abruptly freeze your system or QuickBooks can also end up malfunctioning. But you don’t need to worry about it as we are here with this blog to help you resolve this issue. In this blog, we will provide you with the fixes to eliminate this error permanently before the situation gets worse. As resolving this error might be time taking you can also seek assistance from our experts if you are short on time. Our QuickBooks experts are always available to help you and will resolve this error on your behalf. You can get in touch with our tech team by dialing our support line i.e. +1-800-910-3136.
Step to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 12038
Here we have put some steps that will help in eliminating QuickBooks error 12038 permanently. Follow the steps below:
Step 1: Uninstall all duplicate/multiple versions of QuickBooks
· First, you need to open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
· Also, go to the Programs and Features section.
· You also cancheck for possible duplicate versions of QuickBooks programs.
· In the list click on Uninstalling programs and features if you detect a duplicate file and make sure to uninstall them by selecting the icon and clicking the uninstall/change option.
· Now click on the uninstall tab and remove the copy of QuickBooks from the system
· Open QuickBooks and go to the help menu Click on the QuickBooks desktop update option and check if the problem has been eliminated or not.
Step 2: Create a new rule for the QuickBooks.exe file
· Start the process by searching for the firewall and pressing the Windows key
· Then you need to open Windows Firewall and go to advanced settings
· Then move to options of rules and right-click on rules
· You will see an option that says create a new rule, click on it.
· Create a new rule in the firewall settings
· Select the program and click next
· Click the Browse tab and navigate to the files associated with the QuickBooks software.
Ø AutoBackupExe.exe, Dbmlsync.exe, DBManagerExe.exe, FileManagerment.exe, IntuitSyncManager.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBLaunch.exe, including all other .exe files corresponding to QuickBooks.
· Also, click on the Allow Login option Allow Login
· Follow up by clicking on the next tab
· Now proceed with creating a new rule by giving it a name
· Complete the steps to create an Outbound rule.
In the end of this blog, we are sure that the steps mentioned above will be of help to you. By applying these steps, you can resolve QuickBooks Error Code 12038. If you want to avail of any other QuickBooks version and want to update your software, then Host Docket is the best platform for you. If in case you are struggling even after applying the above steps you can contact our customer support team by dialing our QuickBooks Technical Support at +1-800-910-3136.