As we know that the number of people who use Mac devices is increasing day by day and there is no denying the fact that these people might be interested to use MetaMask on their Mac devices. As we know that MetaMask is a popular browser extension that is used to store crypto assets, hence, one might wish to use it through the MetaMask Safari extension.
But, do you think any such kind of extension exists? If you too are doubtful about this, then I am here to tell you the ultimate truth. So, without further ado, let's dig into the answer to our query.
Can you use MetaMask on Safari?
Sadly, there does not exist any kind of MetaMask Safari extension and this is the reason why you cannot use MetaMask on your Mac devices. However, there is one way through which this can be made possible i.e. by installing the MetaMask Chrome extension. In case you are thinking that your Mac device does not have a Chrome browser, then I would suggest you install the Chrome web browser on your Mac device first and then you will be able to install the MetaMask Chrome extension.
But, as I told you earlier, there is no direct or indirect way through which you can install the MetaMask Safari extension on your device. If you still wish to know how to use MetaMask on iOS or macOS devices, follow the directions given in the section to follow.
Learn to use MetaMask on iOS or macOS devices
Before I walk you through the steps to use MetaMask on the said operating system, I would suggest you use MetaMask through a Windows device. On the other hand, if you have an iPad or iOS device, here is how you can get started with MetaMask on it:
- Make your way to the official website of MetaMask which is metamask.io
- When on the homepage, select the "Download" button and then hit the "iOS" option
- After reaching the download page of MetaMask, please select the "Get" option
- Make sure that you are doing this after measuring the authenticity of the app
- As soon as you click on this button, the app will soon be installed on your device and would be ready to use
- Now, you may simply open the app and then hit the option to either create a new wallet or import an existing wallet on your device.
Summarizing the read:
To sum it up, it should be noted that the Safari web browser has not been developed in such a way that it would support web3 plugins such as MetaMask. Hence, there is no way through which you can get the MetaMask Safari extension installed on your device. However, one can only use MetaMask as an extension on browsers such as Chrome, Brave, Edge, Opera, and Mozilla Firefox.