Undoubtedly, the Chrome web browser is one of the most widely used and accepted web browsers that we have today. The platform not only helps in the storage of crypto assets but also comes into action when you wish to explore the Web3 world. The best part about using MetaMask Chrome is that you can use it on different web browsers. Apart from that, it also works seamlessly on mobile devices through its application.
However, the most common format through which you can use it is with the help of its Chrome web extension. In case you came here looking for how to start using MetaMask Chrome on your device, then this guide is at your rescue. So, before I tell you anything else, I would like to help you with the most basic steps that you need to take if you wish to use it right away. First, we'll walk through the process to add MetaMask to your Chrome browser and then we'll learn how to add ETH to it.
So, without wasting a minute, let's get straight into it.
How to add MetaMask to Chrome extension?
Well, there are two different ways through which this task can be accomplished. One is by installing the Metamask Chrome extension through the Chrome web store and the other one is by installing the extension through its official website. Here are the various steps you need to follow for the same:
- First of all, to get it installed from the Chrome web store, please open the web store and use the given search bar to look for "MetaMask." Once the search results appear, you need to be ready to pick the authentic one from the given options. After selecting your preferred option, you can choose the "Add to Chrome" option and then end the process by selecting "Add extension."
- The second method involves the process to go to the official website of metamask i.e. metamask.io and from there you may choose the "Download" option. Once you are there on the download page, you can go ahead by selecting "Install MetaMask for Chrome" and follow some easy prompts shown on your screen.
How to add eth to MetaMask?
With MetaMask Chrome by your side, you cannot only store your already purchased crypto assets but you may also purchase and add ETH in just a few easy steps. If you are here looking for the answer to this question, here is how you can go around this process:
- Navigate to the main interface of the MetaMask Chrome extension
- Make sure that you are connected to the Ethereum network
- Now, from the main page, extract your ETH address that starts with "0x"
- Then, you need to click on this address to copy it
- Proceed ahead and go to the exchange from where you wish to get ETH to your MetaMask wallet
- On that platform, you need to select the "Deposit" or "Send" option
- When you are on the next page, enter the ETH address that you copied in Step 3
- Confirm the transaction by following the prompted instructions and check your MetaMask balance for confirmation
Summing it up:
Whether you are using MetaMask Chrome or any other web browser, you can use the same procedure for adding ETH to your newly created MetaMask wallet. In case you do not know, MetaMask works well with Chromium-based web browsers such as Chrome, Brave, Edge, Opera, and Firefox. So, if you have any of these browsers installed on your device, start using MetaMask right away.