MetaMask is a well-known reliable wallet which is used to hold and manage ETH-based tokens. It allows you to not only hold the displayed tokens of the ETH network, but you can also manage the tokens of other networks which are not displayed on your account.
Well! There are so many methods to do so, such as you can do it by enabling the feature of auto-detection during the Login with MetaMask Wallet and also you can do it by using block explorer, manually adding an available, manually adding a custom token or using a listing site.
In this read, I’ll elaborate on a few methods to add tokens, so go through the read and learn how to do display unlisted tokens on MetaMask.
Display tokens using an enhanced token detection feature
As I have mentioned earlier, MetaMask shows only standard ERC-20 tokens on your account. So, in order to display unlisted tokens, you can enable the auto-detection feature but do remember that the enhanced token detections feature only works with the networks:
- Ethereum Mainnet
- BNB Smart Chain
Simple steps to enable auto token detection:
- Make sure you have already created your wallet and then perform the login with MetaMask Wallet.
- Hit on the “Accounts” identicon and press the Settings” option further.
- Locate the “Security & Privacy” button to proceed further.
- Next, scroll down the page and look for “Autodetect tokens”.
- Turn on the toggle and this will enable the display of valid but unlisted ERC-2o-based tokens.
Add the token manually on the MetaMask
In order to manually add any MetaMask-supported token which is not displaying on your account yet, you need to take a few steps mentioned below.
- First, perform the login with MetaMask Wallet and look at the text “Don’t see your token?" located beneath.
- Hit on the “Import tokens” link to proceed and search for your preferred token in the search field.
- Pick up the token that you want to display from the search field.
- Press “Next” and hit the “Import tokens” further.
This is all you need to do in order to display your preferred token by adding it manually.
Add a token with the help of block explorer
- Initiate the process by opening the block explorer.
- Search for your token there.
- Once it’s done, hit on the “More” button to look at the token’s info.
- Press the “Add token to MetaMask (Web3)” button afterwards.
- Now, tap on the “Add token” to confirm.
Now, you can login with MetaMask Wallet and can see that your added token is now available on your account.
The Bottom Line!
MetaMask allows you to hold, stake, transfer or manage various crypto coins and tokens based on the Ethereum network basically. It displays numerous standard tokens of ERC-2o but doesn’t have any proprietary list of all valid and accepted tokens, so if you want to add tokens which are not displaying after login with MetaMask Wallet, there are so many ways to add them further. In this read, I have mentioned some of the majorly used methods to add supported tokens on MetaMask Wallet so go through this read and add and manage your preferred token.