HP printers are one of the popular devices, which are known for offering quality printing and scanning of documents easily and hassle-freely. However, most of its users are having with the issue of their HP printer not printing color instead of printing blank or nothing. Since, like every printer device, the issue of HP printer not printing colour is nothing new for any printer users.
In case, you are getting the issue of your HP printer not printing color, you must follow our troubleshooting steps down below and resolve your persisting issue – such as the HP printer not printing in color immediately.
Steps to Fix HP Printer Not Printing Color
Check the Cartridges: To do this, you must have to open the front cover of the printer and take out the print cartridges. Make sure that the ink cartridge is not expired. If any case, your cartridge is faulty or running out of ink, purchase a new one to resolve the issue of your HP printer not printing in black or color. Even if you are still encountering the problem of your HP printer not printing in colour, you must try cleaning its print heads as many times, the problem is occurred due to the unclean print heads.
Clean the Print Heads: To do this, follow the steps:
- You must clean the print heads by pressing and holding down the power button and at the same time, press on the resume button six times.
- Next, release the power button. The printer will start cleaning print heads in a mild wash.
- Check printing any of your documents again. If you are still facing the issue of HP printer not working or printing anything, do again the steps above, but instead of pressing the resume button six times, now press it for fix times for a moderate cleaning.
- Try printing the document again. Still, facing the same? No worries. Repeat the steps above one last time and press the resume button seven times for deep cleaning.
Check the Printer’s Settings
- First thing first, from the start menu, select the Settings option.
- Click the devices from the Setting menu.
- Right-click on the printer and select the Properties.
- Click on the Printing preferences from the next page.
- Select the Paper/Quality tab and click on the Color option.
- Hit the Ok button and exit.
Reinstall the Printer Driver
When your HP printer not printing in color, and you are looking for an answer to why is my printer not printing color correctly, uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. However, do not perform this if your HP Printer can print in color.
Optimistically, after trying out all the steps above, your issue with the HP printer not printing colors correctly will be resolved. However, if you need further assistance from one of our tech experts, contact us directly via our toll-free number.
Among the popular brands of printing machines, HP Printers are known for offering high-quality printing and scanning of documents. However, instances occur when HP Printer users encounter issues such as HP Printer not printing color, and they start looking for an answer to why is my HP Printer not printing the right colors. While these issues could be frustrating, identifying the reason behind the issue, and troubleshooting them can get your printer back to work. This blog post entails the reason for HP Printer not printing correct issue and their effective troubleshooting techniques.
HP Printer Won’t Print Color? Here’s the Fix
Users often complain that their HP printer not printing in color correctly or hp printer not printing in color properly. Such issues could be due to a couple of reasons. It is recommended that you first check the printer settings for the document or photograph that you are trying to print. If the document you are trying to print is set up for printing in “grayscale”, it will only print in black and white, and not in color. If this is the case, you must have got the answer to why your HP printer not printing colour properly. Your HP Printer won’t print color unless you change the setting to “default”.
Why Is My HP Officejet Not Printing Color?
Users often complain that their HP Officejet printer not printing color and that they are unable to fulfill their printing requirements. As a good practice, you must use genuine HP ink or toner supplies. You can visit the HP store to purchase replacement cartridges. Not using the genuine HP cartridges can continue the HP printer not printing correctly issue.
Another way to resolve the HP Officejet Printer not printing color correctly issue is by checking for ink smears on the reverse of printouts. The presence of smears of ink on the reverse of the printouts can be resolved by using automated tools. Here’s what you need to do:
- Ensure that the printer is loaded with plain white sheets of paper.
- From the printer’s control panel, tap on Setup.
- Tap on Tools.
- Tap on Clean Page Smears, and the printer will feed a blank page slowly.
- Wait until the printer ejects the blank page.
- Take a test print and check whether your HP Officejet Printer not printing color properly issue is resolved or not.
How To Fix When HP Deskjet Printer Not Printing Color Correctly?
HP Deskjet Printers come in various models such as HP Deskjet 2510, 2511, 2512, and 2514. Users often face the HP Deskjet not printing color issues while working with the printers. They state that their printer is working; however, the print output lacks black or color ink, or that the printed page is blank or lacks ink. The HP Deskjet Printer not printing color properly can occur due to several reasons. However, you can troubleshoot the issue by ensuring a few things, such as using genuine HP cartridges, checking the estimated ink levels, replacing any low or empty cartridges, using an automated tool to clean the cartridges, and replacing the cartridge with an issue.
Why is My HP Printer Not Printing Black Color Correctly?
Instances occur when your HP printer suddenly stops printing black, and you wonder why is my HP Printer not printing black color properly. You can follow some basic troubleshooting to rectify the issue. Start by disconnecting all the cables attached to the printer. After some time, reconnect them and start your printer to check if the problem of HP Printer won’t print black is resolved. Secondly, check your ink cartridge and replace any empty or low ink cartridge.
Reason Why Your HP Printer Not Printing Red or Green Color
If you see that inspite of setting the source file as red, for example, the printing documents are not printing red. The same could happen with the green color or any other. This is a common issue with almost every printer occurring due to low or empty ink or if the cartridge heads are dirty. So, if you are wondering why is my HP Printer not printing red color correctly or why is my HP Printer not printing green color properly, ensure that the print heads are thoroughly cleaned and that the ink cartridge is not empty.
Why Is My HP Printer Not Printing Yellow Color Correctly?
Just like other colors, you might face issues in taking out printouts in Yellow color, even if the set color is Yellow on your HP Printer. If you are wondering why is my HP Printer not printing yellow color properly, ensure the following:
- Check the printer ink levels.
- Resolve any print quality issues.
- Check the printer settings.
- Assign a color management profile for your printing preferences.
- Clean the ink cartridges and the print head.
- If required, uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.
What to Do if My HP Printer is Not Printing Color Correctly?
Perform the below-mentioned steps if your HP Printer is not printing color correctly:
- Open the front cover of the printer, and take out the print cartridges.
- In case the ink cartridge is faulty or running out of ink, purchase a new one to resolve the issue of your HP printer not printing in black or color.
- Clean the print heads by pressing and holding down the power button and at the same time, press on the resume button six times.
- Check the printer’s settings.
Why is My HP Printer Not Printing Black?
HP printer not printing black - Starting from HP Printer incorrect settings to dirty printheads, there could be several reasons why your HP Printer won’t print black; however, you can resolve the issue by following these steps:
- Calibrate the HP Printer by aligning its printhead.
- Reboot your printer after disconnecting all the cables attached to it.
- Clean the print head and ensure no debris is left behind.