Choosing the right pair of eyeglasses can be tough. With so many different brands, styles, and shapes to choose from, it's no wonder that many men find the task daunting. And that's before you even get to the task of picking out the right frame for your face shape!
Thankfully, we're here to help. In this blog post, we'll walk you through everything you need to know in order to choose the perfect pair of men's eyeglasses. We'll cover the different types of frames, what face shapes they work best with, and how to pick the right color and style for you. By the end of this post, you'll be an eyeglass expert!
Types of Men's Eyeglass Frames
The first step in choosing the right pair of men's eyeglasses is to pick the right type of frame. The three most popular types of frames are full-rim frames, half-rim frames, and rimless frames.
- Full-rim frames are the most common type of frame. They have a thick metal or plastic band that goes all the way around the lens. Full-rim frames are versatile and work with most face shapes.
- Half-rim frames are similar to full-rim frames but they have a thinner metal or plastic band that only goes around half of the lens. Half-rim frames are a good choice for men with round or oval face shapes.
- Rimless frames don't have a band at all—the lens is attached directly to the arms (the part that goes over your ears). Rimless frames are light and virtually invisible when worn. They're a good choice for men with square or rectangular face shapes.
Picking the Right Frame for Your Face Shape
Now that you know about the different types of eyeglass frames, it's time to learn about face shapes! The shape of your face will play a big role in which type of frame looks best on you. Here are some tips:
- If you have a round face: Look for angular frames that will help elongate your face. Square, rectangle and cat-eye styles all look great on round faces. Avoid round or oval frames, as they will only emphasize the roundness of your face.
- If you have an oval face: You're lucky—almost any type of frame will look good on you! Oval faces are well-balanced and symmetrical, so you can pretty much rock any style you want. Just make sure to stay away from overly large or small glasses—stick with something in the middle range instead.
- If you have a square face: Stick with soft curves and avoid angular styles like square or rectangle glasses. Round, oval, and cat-eye glasses will help soften your features and give your face more balance. Avoid glasses that are too small or too large—opt for something medium instead.
What Color Should I Choose?
The color of your eyeglass frames is just as important as their shape! The wrong color can make you look washed out or even mismatched (hey, even celebrities get it wrong sometimes). The best rule of thumb is to choose a color that compliments your skin tone and hair color but doesn't match them exactly—you want your glasses to stand out, not blend in! If you're unsure which colors work best with your complexion, ask one of our opticians—they would be more than happy to help you choose the perfect shade for your new pair of glasses.
Now that you know everything there is to know about choosing men's eyeglasses, it's time to start shopping! Head on over to our website where you can browse through hundreds of different styles until you find the perfect pair for you. And don't forget to schedule an appointment with us so we can help fit them perfectly to your unique facial features! We hope to see you soon!