Sofas and chairs upholstered in velvet fabrics can add a touch of luxury and luxury to your home decor. Also, contrary to popular belief, velvet furniture can last for years if handled and maintained properly.
It is a dense tufted pile fabric and there are two main types: traditional and synthetic. While traditional velvet is made from silk and is often more expensive, synthetic velvet is made primarily from synthetic fibers such as viscose, polyester, and rayon. Synthetic velvet is relatively less expensive and more durable than traditional or natural velvet.
Advantages of velvet upholstery
Here's why velvet is considered one of the best upholstery fabrics for dining room chairs and sofas.
1) Velvet upholstery can last for decades if cared for
2) You don't have to worry about discoloration because the color of your velvet upholstered furniture won't fade over time
3) This material is both beautiful and soft to the touch
4) This common decorative fabric is available in many colors
5) Food and mud stains on velvet furniture can be easily removed
Disadvantages of velvet upholstery
1) Let's take a look at the disadvantages that may make velvet upholstery not suitable for your home
2) Velvet easily absorbs dust particles, so it needs to be cleaned regularly. pet fur as well
3) It is not suitable for outdoor use because velvet is not suitable for direct sunlight
4) Velvet upholstered furniture absorbs spilled liquids quickly