Often while trying to connect after being launched QuickBooks might show an error on the screen displaying that it could not connect and also the pop-up will prompt whether the user wants to open it or not. This error might seem to be a little complex and appears on the screen with the following warning signs. “Integration Manager could not connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure that it is open” when it takes place.” Or “QuickBooks Event log error 4 – An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks: Returning NULL QBW in Instance Handle.” There can be a couple of factors causing this error, which we will be discussing later on along with the steps to eliminate it. Thus, to know more make sure to read the post till the end. Or contact us at +18445210490 and we will provide you with immediate assistance.
Also Read: QuickBooks error code 6073
What causes such an error?
The user can end up in such an error due to the following reasons:
- One of the basic reasons can be if the QuickBooks company file is corrupted.
- Or in case of damaged company file.
- Another reason can be attack or malware
- In case the windows registry caused some type of error, then such an error can be experienced
- Also, if QuickBooks files got erased by some other program maliciously.
Steps to eliminate the error
The user can try to resolve the issue using the steps below:
- At first, login to the windows as Administrator
- And then, press the Windows + R keys simultaneously
- Head to the Run box, and type Control and hit OK key to open the Control Panel
- Visit the Program and Features section or Add/Remove programs window.
- The user is also required to consider that if he/she types appwiz.cpl in the text field of the Run Window, and then hit OK, the program and features window will open up directly.
- Now, locate the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 from the installed program list and then uninstall it after highlighting it.
- Reboot your computer
- After that open the Control Panel and navigate to the Program and Features section again
- Click on the Add Remove Windows Features from the left side of your window to view
- The Windows Feature window will appear on the screen
- Expand .NET Framework to see the Microsoft .NET 3.5.
- Mark first and second options and hit the OK tab.
- Now the .NET Framework 3.5 will get installed in your system
- Click on Finish to end the process
- Reboot your system to save the changes.
At the end of the post, we expect that the information shared in above might help in fixing the error successfully. However, if there is any query or if the user needs our assistance at any point in time, then contacting our team at +18445210490 is resolved. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing instant support and assistance.