In this article, I will provide a quick review as well as an activation guide to your Ulta credit card. So, stick till the end to not miss any information.
Ulta credit card: a card with exclusive perks
Ulta credit cards essentially store credit cards that are offered by Comenity Capital Bank. This card could be a real deal-breaker for those who wish to save money on Ulta Beauty goods and services, there is no annual fee with the Ulta Credit Card.
- Along with continuous benefits of two points for every dollar spent at Ulta, it offers a 20 per cent discount on your first Ulta purchase made using the card.
- The Ulta Credit Card's Mastercard variant additionally offers 500 bonus points for spending $500 outside of Ulta Beauty in the first 90 days and one point for every three dollars spent ordinarily on non-Ulta purchases.
- The value of Ulta Credit Card points ranges from 3 cents to 6.25 cents, depending on how many you redeem. Spending at least $450 on the card within a calendar year also qualifies cardholders for elite status and higher rewards rates.
The Ulta credit card: a card with a high APR
- The Ulta Credit Card's high APR and the inability for applicants to explicitly apply for either the Mastercard or store credit card version of the offer are its greatest drawbacks.
- You will first be given a chance to apply for a Mastercard, which has a minimum credit score of 700 and a high approval rate.
- You will then be given consideration for the Ulta store credit card, which is typically only open to persons with credit scores of 640+But such things don't necessarily have to be deal-breakers.
- Furthermore, A 3 per cent overseas transaction fee is levied by the Ulta credit card. For instance, you would incur a $60 international transaction fee on a $2,000 weeklong vacation abroad. You might wish to leave this card at home if you travel overseas and apply for one that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees instead.
Key points of the Ulta Credit Card
- 0 Annual Fee
- When you open and use your Ultamate Rewards Mastercard credit card at Ulta Beauty, you will receive 20% off all goods and services.
- 500 points after spending $500 outside of Ulta Beauty in the first 90 days.
- Interest rates range from 17.74 per cent to 26.74 per cent (V)
- Ulta Credit Card members can exchange rewards at varied rates for Ulta Beauty goods and services. For instance, you can get $3 off with 100 Ultamate Rewards points, $8 off with 250 points, $17.50 off with 500 points, and so on, up to $125 off with 2,000 points.
How to apply for Ulta Credit cards
To apply for the Ulta credit cards, you will have to undergo two stages. First, you will need to sign in to your Ultamate Rewards account. Then, once you are signed in, your credit card application will be processed/
How to sign in to your Ultamate Rewards account
- Firstly, you will have to head to the Ulta Sign-up page.
- Then, you will see two options to sign in or create an account.
Creating your Ulta account
- Once you click on Create an account. You will be directed to a page where you are required to fill out a certain form.
- This form will ask you for your personal information like Name, Address, Account Details, Phone number and Birthday. Once you have filled in the information, you have to scroll down a little and check in the sign me up option. But, in case you do have an Ultamate Rewards account, then check in the I’ve got an Ultamate Reward account option.
- After that, click on continue and follow the on-screen prompts to sign in.
- Once you are all cleared with your information. You can head back to the sign-up page where you will now have to enter your Email Address and Password.
- That’s it. You will now be logged in to your Ulta account. With this account, you will be able to make a quicker check-out, obtain points with each purchase and add items to your favourites.
How to activate your Ulta credit card
- You will first have to head to the Ulta activation page.
- Then, on the activation page, enter your Credit Card number, Identification type, and ZIP Code, Expiration Date and Last 4 digits of your SSN.
- Click Continue and follow the on-screen prompts if any and your Ulta credit card should be activated within a matter of minutes. Remember that you can’t use the card unless you have activated it.
- If you need any account-related help you can also contact customer care at 1-866-254-9971 for customer service, TDD/TTY: 1-888-819-1918
What you need to consider when it comes to the Ulta credit card or any other store card
Many store cards have rates, fees, and rewards that are more restrictive and punitive than those on a regular rewards card. The reason for this is that store cards are intended for a larger consumer base than traditional credit cards.
Providers decrease the minimum credit score needed to be approved for a score card to make them more accessible to in-store shoppers. The terms of the card are immediately impacted, leading to a higher APR and surcharges to offset the increased risk of account delinquency.
Applying at the checkout counter is not the place to do it if you plan to pick up a shop card. Instead, to ensure the card is a smart choice, conduct some research online or request a booklet so you may understand the conditions and reward system.
Getting an Ulta Store Card can be a smart option if you're a regular Ulta shopper. For other expenditures, the Ulta Credit Card is less than ideal. For non-Ulta purchases, it is, therefore, better to use a different rewards card. I hope this Ulta Credit card guide helped you.