If you have bad credit, the Destiny credit card is the right choice for you. Using this credit card, however, has both advantages and cons. We've put up a Destiny credit card review so you can decide whether it's worth buying or not. Pre-qualification takes less than a minute with the Destiny Mastercard, and all transaction history is reported to the main credit agencies, including Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. It's an unsecured credit card with a 24.90 percent fixed APR and a $59-$99 annual fee.
In this article, we'll go over the main features of the Destiny Mastercard, as well as its downsides and advantages of using it. It also includes instructions on how to Activate or register a Destiny credit card.
Review of the Destiny Mastercard Credit Card
Having a Destiny MasterCard has various advantages, including identity theft protection as well as zero liability protection. If there are advantages present, it always comes with a set of disadvantages as well. Let's take it one step at a time to gain a complete understanding.
Benefits of the Destiny Master Card
The credit card has one significant advantage that other cards may lack. The Destiny MasterCard does not require a high credit score to be obtained. This card is also available to people with bad credit.
- You can use all of the benefits of this MasterCard without making a security deposit.
- It will also work if your credit score is less than excellent.
- If you maintain your account stable, your credit history will improve automatically.
- You can find out whether you are eligible for this card in less than a minute.
- All three major credit bureaus will receive your records.
- It has a monthly maintenance price of $0 to pay.
- In addition, there is a one-time application cost of $0.
On purchases and balance transfers, the Destiny Mastercard offers low-interest rates. You will, however, have to pay a $59-$99 annual cost. This card has a $300 credit limit, and you'll be billed annually on the first billing statement.
Activate your Destiny credit card by following this procedure
After receiving their new card, consumers who were authorized for a Destiny Mastercard can activate it online at the MyDestinycard activation website. Cardholders can activate their cards either online or by contacting customer service.
Now that you've received your new credit card in the mail, you can activate it by following these simple instructions:
- Visit https://destiny.myfinanceservice.com/ for more information.
- In order to activate the card, visit the "Activate Your Card (Requires Log-In)" link.
- If you are a first-time user, you may create an account by clicking the Register link to create an online Destiny Mastercard login – You'll need to fill in the following information-
- Account number (your account number is the same as the one on your Destiny Mastercard or payment statement).
- Year of birth
- Number appointed by the Social Security Administration.
- Click the blue Next button to continue.
- Make a username for yourself.
- Make a password for yourself.
- Create a set of questions and answers.
- Your card should be correctly authorized when you've followed the web instructions and completed each section, and you'll have created an online account from which you may manage your MasterCard.
- You can now view your credit card account information at any time by visiting the mydestinycard.com website and entering your Username and Password. It may be accessible from any computer or mobile device with an internet connection and a browser.
Username or Password Retrieval
You can use the troubleshooting tool on the MyDestinycard login page if you forget any part of your login credentials:
- Click on the option given there, “Forgot your Username or Password". You can find this option from the drop down menu.
You will need to enter the information given below-
- Your account's last four digits
- A number allocated by the Social Security Administration
- Year of birth
- Select the blue button. Button "Submit"
Enter the following information to request a username:
- Contact information via email
- Your account's last four digits
- The number allotted by the Social Security Administration
- Year of birth
- You can finally submit it by tapping on the Bluetick button.
Log in to your Destiny card
You can now manage and monitor your account information online at any time of day because you have an online account. With your mydestinycard.com login, you'll have access to the following features-
- Account access is available at all times.
- Online bill payment is completely free.
- Statements that aren't printed
- Every night, the account balance is refreshed.
- If online payment is received before 5 p.m. Pacific Time, it will be paid on the same day it was received; if it is received after 5 p.m. PST, it will be credited the next day.
- Configure account notifications.
- Increase your credit limit by requesting it.
There are a few drawbacks that you should consider as we are considering all its great points.
Drawbacks of Destiny credit card-
The Destiny MasterCard features a high annual charge as well as a high annual percentage rate, which is a major disadvantage. Aside from that, there is no reward program with this credit card. You won't be able to earn perks the same way you may with other credit cards.
The Destiny Mastercard charges a 1% foreign transaction fee, which means that if you make a purchase outside of the United States, you will be charged 1% of the total amount. You can choose over-limit coverage, but there is a $40 over-limit cost. If you spend more than the $300 maximum on this card, you'll be charged $40 in over-limit fees. This can lead to a bad credit score. The fixed APR on the Destiny Mastercard is 24.90 percent, which is more than other credit cards in the United States.
Destiny MasterCard vs. Other Secured Cards
- Benefits - The Destiny MasterCard offers zero liability protection as well as identity theft protection. Other credit cards, such as the Platinum Prestige MasterCard, offer extended warranty coverage, purchase protection, and other benefits.
- Annual fee - When compared to other credit cards, Destiny Mastercard has a high annual fee of $59-$99, whereas other credit cards carry an annual fee as well, but most of them provide a $0 fee for the first year.
- Rewards and Sign-up Bonuses - Unlike other credit cards, the Destiny Mastercard does not have a rewards program or a sign-up bonus.
Requirements for a Destiny credit card-
Anyone looking to rebuild their credit can apply for the Destiny credit card. You must meet the following requirements to be pre-qualified or approved-
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate (19 in AL).
- Possess a current Social Security number.
- Have a physical address in the United States and a US IP address.
- Not having had a Destiny Card charged off owing to inactivity.
- Additional credit qualification requirements, such as a review of your income and debt, as well as identity verification procedures, must be met.
Pre-qualifying for this unsecured credit card on behalf of First Electronic Bank and Genesis FS Card Services is quick and simple. Making on-time payments, especially in the first few months, will help you develop credit and improve your credit limit. Your Destiny credit card can also be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted. Cardholders can access their accounts from any device via the customer portal, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may set up notifications, request paperless statements, view transactions, and pay bills online. Online, you can set up autopay with monthly payments as well as one-time payments.