How to choose the best study center to prepare for the IELTS exam?
After the IELTS test became globally popular as the recognized authority in English language exams, training centers began to spring up all over the world. These training centers claim in their advertisements that they have a high pass rate in order to attract potential candidates. However, there is no central organization to monitor the growth and maintain the quality of this IELTS Training Centre in Dubai.
Many training centers charge students high fees for unplanned and misunderstood lessons, while others waste time by teaching IELTS candidates with unscrupulous methods. The recent cases of graduates caught in Chandigarh, India, are an example of this growing criminality that is concentrated in training centers for high IELTS scores.
Competition among IELTS training centers is increasing and success in the IELTS exam is one of the main criteria for recruiting students. On the other hand, students have more options to choose a good training center. Below you will find a list of the most important points to help you identify and choose the best training center near your home. This will help you get started with a good instructional institution and pass the IELTS exam successfully.
1) A training provider with preparation for several relevant exams. An institution that prepares for TOEFL, GMAT, GRE, etc. has the advantage of providing candidates with a good preparation for the IELTS exam. The IELTS test is similar to the TOEFL and related to the GMAT and GRE. The only difference is that the IELTS test focuses on communicative English and does not include an aptitude test. Therefore, you are likely to get good and well-trained teachers to prepare you for IELTS.
2) Quality of students studying at the institution. It is an added advantage if the students taking part in the coaching are professionals in multinational companies or graduates from prestigious universities. They will communicate mainly in English. This will help you improve your English and allow you to communicate with them frequently and correct your English grammar.
3) Good study material. Make sure the training center provides students with enough homework and assignments. If the institution sells study materials to distance learners, you are more likely to get good quality study materials, which is even more important for a student preparing for the IELTS exam.
4) Duration of coaching courses: a coaching course should take at least 2 hours of effective study time. Anything less reduces the quality of the training.
5) Teaching by English-speaking staff of foreign origin: this will increase the quality of your English. You can learn and understand their accent and pronunciation. They will teach you how to use plain English when speaking, writing and speaking. Therefore, choose a training center that is attended by English-speaking foreigners.
6) Class strength and teaching type: class strength is more important. The attention given to each pupil decreases as the number of pupils in the class increases. You can check this by looking at the ratio between the number of students and the number of teachers. The optimal ratio is one teacher to 6 students. Make sure you only count teachers or tutors, not administrative staff. The type of pedagogy can be determined by reading the course and discussing it with the students in the training center.
So the next time you sign up for a training center to prepare for the IELTS exam, take the time to research the training center you plan to attend before you sign up. I wish you the best of luck.